Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Raleigh Conference.

So last Thursday Me and two other classmates, Taylor and Blake, went to this conference in Raleigh called NC Ties. It is a big teacher development conference of sorts where teachers from all over the state come and try to learn new ways to teach their classes. It was a huge honor for Taylor Blake and I to be able to go to this conference. We did two things. The first thing we did was we sat at a table basically while my teacher spoke about our digcit class at a session. She would occasionally throw some questions our way, but for the most part we were eye candy. That was really cool to be able to sit in front of a lot of people like that and have our teacher show some of the stuff that we did. The second thing that we did was a student showcase. This was a lot like the community pitch we did a while back where we had a little booth and we set up the stuff we needed and people walked by and we told them about our class and what we did. It was an amazing experience to be able to talk to all of these people about a class that I was in, in hopes of giving them inspiration to use some of things we do in our class, in their class.

Overall the experience was incredible because I felt like I gained more confidence in myself and my ability to talk to people. Also, I loved feeling like I was at a conference with the teachers like I was supposed to be there.

We also got Jimmy Johns. (Shoutout to Jamie)

No comments:

Post a Comment