Friday, April 8, 2016

Last leg

So this is the last leg of the school year. It is April and there is only basically two months left. Along with it being the last leg of my senior year, this is the end of my passion project. Digcit is almost over. The last thing that I have to do is my last clothing drive and some video editing. This clothing drive is taking place next week April 11 and it is lasting the whole week. I am trying to collect school uniforms for kids that can't afford them. I will donate them to crisis assistance ministry like I did the last time. I am not just limiting it to school uniforms though. Any clothes people would like to donate are welcome. I am also putting a box in my neighborhood as well as my moms work. I am trying to collect a total of 200 items. It would great to be able to gain this many clothes.


During this project I also did interviews with people that work at crisis assistance ministry. I am going to make this into a video to put on YouTube. After all of this is done we have our Ted Talk and it is going to be great.


What I have learned from this project is that I have a passion that I did not previously know about. I never knew that helping others, in particular the underprivileged would make me feel so good. Looking at all the clothing that people donated just puts a smile on my face. Also the thought of making someone's day when they get to pick up a new outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment