Friday, September 11, 2015

Twitter Chats

This week in DigCit, we were introduced to twitter chat. Its a way where people from all over the world can talk through twitter by using a hashtag everytime we post. We use a website called tweetdeck so we can manage the feed by keeping columns where we can get tweets that use that hashtag. 

If I were to create a twitter chat I would do it on the problems of homelessness. I scrolled through a resource that had a list of a lot of available twitter chats and I didn't see any that were on homlessness. Not to say that their aren't any, but there are just not a lot. I saw a lot on the topic of business and socail media. If I were to use it as part of my passion project I would create the hashtag and then I would promote it through all other forms of social media and get people to join. I would ask people to retweet it on twitter and tell everyone they know to join the chat. I know that I probably won't get all that many people to join, however the more people that know about it, the more chance I have of a bigger audience. 

Twitter chat is a really effective way to communicate because it is an easy we to reach anybody. Anyone can create a twitter and anyone can use the hashtag. Twitter is an international website and it is just as easy for someone next door to me to join as it is for someone in France to join. I think of it as a central platform in which everyone can participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment