Friday, September 4, 2015

Shark Tank

Week three. It has been great. Earlier this week did a "Shark Tank" propasal project where we pitch our idea to the class and get feedback. It was a really great experience where I was given good and bad feedback on how to make my projecty better. It really helped to narrow my focus on a couple of things. Before I did not have any idea of who my mentor could. Now I was given the idea of asking someone at the organization I'm working with to be my mentor. I realized that it was perfect. All they do there is help the homeless and the poor and will be able to give a lot of good guidance.

I also learned a few things on how I should approach my video. Before I was going to just walk around town and find some homeless people that might talk to me on camera and tell me about their story. I then learned that one, it could be a little dangerous, and two, that I should try to form relationships with people before I ask to get them on camera. I want to go down to the organization I am working with and ask them if there are any people that frequent the place. If there are then I will be able to talk to  them every time they visit.

In the future weeks ahead lke next week, I plan on having contacted my organization, a contact my teacher gave me who does a lot of outreach work in California will have been contacted by me. I plan on getting a little guidance and a push in the right direction from him. He most likely can't function as a full time mentor simply because of the distance of 5000 miles but we can skype and talk some things out. I also plan on having contacted a few places to see if I could place collection boxes in a few spots to start the collection going soon.

This should start getting exciting and I will keep you posted next friday on my progress. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment