Friday, October 2, 2015

Genious time reflection

The past few weeks, we had a genius time project. A bunch of teachers from the middle and highschool had posters, flyers or banners they needed for a number of things. My project was creating small posters to put around the school for the three home football games left, and the theme of the games. Each game has a different theme. There was Pinkout, Neon, and Homecoming. My job was to create a visual representation of these themes while advertising the football game. This was actually a really fun project. While it took a while because I had three posters to create while others had only one, but I enjoyed it. To make these posters, I used two apps on my ipad. I used canva, which is an app used to make advertisements, posters and what have you, and I also used photoshop mix. It is basically just a photo editing app. 

I thought that I did a really great job with the posters. In class we had critique sessions. We had two of them actually. Our designs would go up on the projector and everyone would critique them. They would give suggestions and compliments to help you make the best design. It felt good to not only help the teachers and the school, it also was a period of growth. Getting constructive criticism, while sometimes it can sting, it helps you grow and learn to become better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment